Wednesday, December 20, 2006

No Fur For Christina Ricci

The actress, who was named by PETA as one of the worst dressed celebrities of 2006 because of her penchant for animal hide, has vowed to be fur free in the future.

Christina, 26, has now written a letter to PETA apologising for her actions, which read: “After being named on the PETA worst dressed list for wearing fur, I have been deluged with angry and disappointed fans.

“I never meant to hurt nor anger anyone with my insensitivity. For what it is worth I have received the message loud and clear and will not be wearing fur in the future. I apologise for my offensive actions.”

A PETA representative says Christina has now been removed from the worst dressed list. They added: “We have sent her a basket of cruelty-free goodies to thank her for her compassionate decision.”

PETA recently criticised Christina for wearing reindeer fur on the cover of W magazine.

The animal rights group said: “Ricci recently posed for a magazine cover wearing fur from slaughtered reindeer. At least she is not into fur hats – imagine how many more pelts it would take to cover that forehead.”
Christina’s biggest fan website was closed down last week because the owner disapproved of her wearing fur.

The site, www.christinaricci.info, features the message: “Offline due to fur usage. I recently found out Christina doesn’t appear to have a problem wearing fur. Well, I do. I also have a problem with people who wear fur. Conclusion: I have a problem with Christina. And now that problem is solved, because I don’t have a website about her anymore, so I no longer have anything to do with her.”

0 comments: