Monday, February 19, 2007

Britney Spear on the brink

Britney Spears has sparked fears she is on the verge of a breakdown after shaving her head.

The 25-year-old singer - who is said to be terrified of losing her children in a custody battle with estranged husband Kevin Federline - was seen crying in her limousine before entering Esther's Haircutting Salon in Tarazana, California, on Friday (16.02.07).

After hairdressers refused to shave her head, Britney grabbed a pair of clippers and sheared off her locks herself.

Salon owner Esther Tognozzi said: "I tried to talk her out of it, but she said, 'No, I absolutely want it shaved off now.'

"Afterwards she looked in the mirror and said with tears in her eyes, 'Oh, my God, I shaved it all off. My mom is going to be so upset with me.'

"I asked her if the buzz cut was a symbol of a new beginning and she said, 'Yeah, something like that.' "

An hour later Britney went to the Body and Soul Tattoo parlour and had pink lips etched onto her wrist and a black, pink and white cross on her lower hip.

One onlooker revealed: "She said she was tired of having things plugged into her. She seemed distraught and disturbed, like she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown."

Later that night, troubled Britney was seen at Beverly Hills' Cedars Sinai Medical Center wearing a dark wig.

She went into a private room and was seen by medical staff before leaving an hour later.

Britney checked into Eric Clapton's Crossroads Centre in Antigua rehab clinic last Thursday (15.02.07) following a four-day drinking binge in New York.

But she stayed less than 24 hours before visiting her two sons, Sean Preston, one and five-month-old Jayden James in Malibu.

Last week, Britney's former personal assistant Felicia Culotta revealed family and friends want her to get help.

Felicia posted a letter on website Thatotherblog.com: "There's only so much you can do to help. I cannot convince her to love herself. I cannot save her from herself, nor can I commit her to treatment program against her wishes. I am throwing my hands up and realising I am helpless."

Less than 24 hours after shaving her head, Britney was seen wearing a short blonde wig and chain-smoking at West Hollywood's Mondrian hotel.

Her mother Lynne, who reportedly begged Britney to enter rehab over fears she might lose custody of her sons, has now rushed to Los Angeles to see her daughter.

Britney's locks are for sale on internet auction website eBay. Bidding had reached a staggering $1.1 million last night (18.02.07).

0 comments: