Friday, February 23, 2007

Kate Winslet admits unhealthy crash dieting as a teen

Kate Winslet has revealed that while she’s happy with her weight now, she once developed an addiction to laxatives in an effort to lose weight.

Kate told Hollywood Life recently: “When I was 15, I was nearly 14 stone (196 pounds). I was uncomfortable and self-conscious. I knew I wanted to be an actress and was big.”

“Over a year I sensibly got down to 10 stone (140 pounds). Then I became addicted to losing weight and went too far. I was never anorexic or bulimic. I went through a three-month experimental laxative time which was absolutely awful.”

“Luckily I was strong enough to be able to say to myself: ‘What are you doing? You are just really hungry.’”

“The whole weight thing drives me crazy. This stuff is so important to me because I have been there and know what a vicious cycle it is.”

“You want to teach young people that beauty comes from within and that food is great and a huge part of life. I am very, very normal. I am actually proud of all the marks and scars that I bear.”

0 comments: