Thursday, February 14, 2008

Natalie Portman tired of stripper scripts

Actress Natalie Portman is tired of getting scripts in which her character plays a stripper or a prostitute.

She is looking for a good romantic comedy, but the filmmakers just want her to play prostitutes like the one she played in Closer.

Contactmusic.com reports her saying: "I have recently been getting frustrated with the number of roles for strippers or prostitutes I get - or the opposite, the pure one. That dichotomy exists so strongly.

"It's the virgin-whore thing in evidence to the greatest extent. That's bothering me. I want to find a character who is complicated.

"I also love comedies, but every time I read a comedy, the girl is in fashion and really into clothes and just wants to get married. I would also love to do a romantic comedy, where the woman has a real job."

0 comments: