Wednesday, December 13, 2006

No doubt about Stefani's solo career


As Gwen Stefani plans an extensive spring tour to promote her newly released second solo album, she says a reunion with her bandmates in No Doubt will have to wait for the foreseeable future.

"I see it on the horizon, but I'm not focussing on it. Life is going by way too quick," she told Billboard.com. "I can't really put a timetable on it, but I think it would be really great. Nothing can compare to the energy of the four of us onstage."

Bassist Tony Kanal told Billboard.com in March that he'd begun working on music for the band's next record, but it is unknown how far along that process is.

No Doubt has been silent since a 2003 singles collection, which featured its hit cover of Talk Talk's "It's My Life." The group's last studio album was 2001's "Rock Steady," which debuted at No. 9 on The Billboard 200.

Since then, Stefani has exploded as a solo star, thanks to 2004's "Love.Angel.Music.Baby." The brand new CD "The Sweet Escape," released last week, has already spawned a top 10 Hot 100 hit in "Wind It Up."

Asked if she's already working on concepts for her spring tour, Stefani said, "To be honest, no. I only finished doing vocals on this record a month ago at the most. I'm in the middle of promoting it now, so in January we'll start to think about the tour."

"It's really exciting to have all these songs to choose from," she continued. "On the last tour, I only had one album, so it was like, "OK! I guess these are the songs that I'm doing." Now, I will get to choose the best and most delicious tracks. But it's a bit overwhelming to think up all the concepts for the staging."

0 comments: